We partner with InvolveSoft, a workplace community platform that makes it easy for departmental teams, organizations, and individuals to get involved and give back. They support our volunteering initiatives and are actively seeking new opportunities for you to offer your support. Let’s all work together to help in this global crisis.
1. How can you safely help your community and beyond with our current limitations?
- By participating in virtual volunteering opportunities
- By participating in special home-based opportunities/projects
2. Why Now?
- Volunteering needs are both increasing and changing rapidly as COVID-19 evolves
- The needs of those impacted by COVID-19 will be enormous and have long-lasting effects for years to come
3. What is a Virtual or Home Based Opportunity?
- Virtual - The majority of these opportunities can be performed online. Examples: online tutoring/mentoring, video conferencing or calling the elderly to connect (especially now with many in isolation), and translation
- Home Based - Usually involves crafting or creating things to send out to others. Examples: stitching face masks for health care workers, crocheting caps for chemo patients, writing cards to the elderly in isolation
4. How to find a virtual opportunity?
- Go to the Home Page and ensure that Non-Profit is selected and within Additional Filters. Select any filters you wish to search by, and under Social Cause you can tag "Home Based", "Virtual", and/or "COVID-19".
- Press the Search button.
- You can begin participating in the virtual event with the link given.
- You can then go into your My Account, then click on My Event where you will see a plus sign for Add a Unique Win.
- Click on the + sign. You can then fill out the proper information, take a survey of the event, add hours, photos and comments.
For any issues or questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, or click on the “Support” button at the bottom left side of the platform.
**Note: you can do this from your phone, too!